- small white onion, chopped (1)
- artichoke hearts, drained (one 15-ounce can)
- small garlic cloves, passed through a garlic press (1 or 2)
- white beans, drained and rinsed (one 15-ounce can)
- lemon juice (1 tbsp.)
- finely chopped scallions (1 tbsp.)
- fresh oregano (1 tsp.)
- chopped fresh basil (1 tbsp.)
- cayenne pepper (pinch)
- sea salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Gather ingredients. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Wrap the onion in foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze each of the artichoke hearts or press them against the bottom of a
fine-mesh colander with a spoon to force out as much moisture as possible.
- Add the onions, artichoke hearts, and all remaining ingredients to a blender or
food processor and puree until smooth, but still chunky.
Per two tablespoons
Protein: 2.4 g
Carbohydrate: 7.4 g
Sugar: 0.5 g
Total Fat: 0.2 g
Calories from Fat: 3.4%
Fiber: 2.8 g
Sodium: 223 mg
Source: Get Healthy, Go Vegan by Neal Barnard, MD; recipe by Robyn Webb
Did You Try This Recipe?
How did this recipe work out for you? Leave a comment below or share it on social media.