- 1⁄4 cup low sodium vegetable broth (see additional broth, below)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cooked white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 small green cabbage, about
- 1 pound (9 cups chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt Freshly ground black pepper Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat 1⁄4 cup of vegetable broth in a large pot over medium heat. Add the carrots, onion, celery, salt, and several grinds of fresh pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, stir, and then add the tomatoes, broth, beans, garlic, potatoes, cabbage, and thyme. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the potatoes and cabbage are tender.
- Season to taste, garnish with fresh parsley, and serve.
This easy cabbage soup recipe is healthy, comforting, and deeply flavorful. Serve it with crusty bread for a simple, delicious meal.
Recipe adapted from Love and Lemons
Did You Try This Recipe?
How did this recipe work out for you? Leave a comment below or share it on social media.