- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
For the Scramble
- 2 tsp liquid aminos
- 1 (16-ounce) package firm tofu, drained
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup red onions, diced
- 1/2 cup colored bell peppers, diced
- 6 shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup chopped kale (or swiss chard, or a mix of both)
- Mix together turmeric, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cumin, curry powder, and chili powder. Set the seasoning mix aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the drained tofu with a masher or by hand to make crumbles.
- After the tofu is crumbled, add the seasoning mixture. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable broth; then add the onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms and stir.
- Allow the vegetables to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the onions are slightly translucent; then add the garlic and tamari, and stir. Allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Add seasoned tofu. Cook, stirring often, for a few minutes. Then add kale (and/or Swiss chard) and stir.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the kale has softened. Remove from the heat and serve.
Tip: top with salsa or chopped tomatoes, and avocado
Adapted from Vegan Soul Food Cookbook
Did You Try This Recipe?
How did this recipe work out for you? Leave a comment below or share it on social media.