- 1⁄2 block of firm organic tofu
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 12 lasagna noodles cooked or “oven-ready
- 1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce or 3 cups homemade
- 1⁄2-1 package Gardein beefless ground - depending on how meaty you like it
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb blend
- To make the tofu cheese, add the tofu, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, and salt to a food
processor. Blend until creamy. Season to taste with more salt if necessary.
- In a skillet warm 2 cups of the tomato sauce. Once simmering add the Gardein beefless ground,
and stir. Cook at a simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Spread about 1⁄2 cup of the tomato sauce onto the bottom of a 9x13” casserole dish, then evenly
lay out 3 or 4 noodles.
- Spread the tofu cheese evenly over the bottom layer, then top with the beefless ground, then
layer on the fresh spinach.
- Place another layer of noodles over that, and repeat.
- Cover the top layer with the noodles, then spread on the remaining sauce and tofu cheese, and
any remaining ingredients. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the top.
- Cover the lasagna with a sheet of aluminum foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 5 minutes.
- Let it cool about 10 minutes before serving.
If you are in a time crunch, or really want your family to have a stretchy gooey cheese experience, try a vegan cheese.
Did You Try This Recipe?
How did this recipe work out for you? Leave a comment below or share it on social media.