- 1 cup unsweetened, unflavored or chocolate plant milk (see note)
- 1⁄2 cup (packed) pitted dates, plus another 1−3 dates, if needed.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 11⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt (slightly rounded)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fresh berries (optional)
- 2−3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Place the milk, dates, cocoa, salt, and vanilla in a blender, and puree for a minute or more (depending on the blender), until the seeds are pulverized. Taste, and if you’d like it sweeter, add another few dates. You can also substitute dates with 3 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, stir in the chia seeds and coconut (if using), and refrigerate until chilled, 1⁄2 hour or more. (It will thicken more with chilling but really can be eaten right away.)
- Serve, topping with fresh berries, other fruit, or a sprinkling of coconut, if desired.
Modified recipe from Forks Over Knives
Did You Try This Recipe?
How did this recipe work out for you? Leave a comment below or share it on social media.