For the stir fry
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced • 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup bell peppers sliced, I used red and yellow
- 1 cup snow peas trimmed
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts drained and sliced
- 3/4 cup baby corn drained and sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat the vegetable broth in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms and cook for 4-6 minutes or until tender.
- Add the broccoli, bell peppers, snow peas, water chestnuts, baby corn, and 2 tablespoons of water to the pan.
- Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and water has mostly cooked off.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, whisk together the vegetable broth, soy sauce, and syrup.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the vegetables and cook for 30 seconds.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve immediately, over rice if desired.
- Calories: 191kcal
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 894mg
- Potassium: 473mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 19g
- Vitamin A: 4110IU
- Vitamin C: 75.6mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Calories 191kcal
Author Sara Welch, adapted
Did You Try This Recipe?
How did this recipe work out for you? Leave a comment below or share it on social media.